Madras Market III
Madras Market III –Shopping, Food and Music
Jan 25-26 2014
Madras Market is envisaged as a celebratory event where people from all walk of life come together to enjoy two days of shopping, music, food, entertainment, creative workshops and interactions. After the huge success of editions one and two which saw close to 15,000 people visiting each time, Madras Market is back with all the fun and fervor, in a bigger and better way, and is set to happen on the 25th and 26th of January at Wesley Grounds, to ensure the people of this wonderful city get the best of shopping, food and Music.
Madras Market III will have 130 stalls dedicated to shopping, with vendors not just from Chennai but many making it from various parts of India like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Jaipur, Cochin etc to display their products. Most of the exhibitors are artisans or designers of products ranging from kitsch to handicrafts to Designer Jewelry to sarees, bags and footwear, pet accessories etc.,
The event will also feature food stalls from various famous food joints from the city with a wide range of food options. Dawat-e-briyani, Crimson Chakra, Dosa 360, Al-arabi, Theruoram, Sukh Sagar etc are few of the food stalls at Madras Market III.
Another unique aspect of Madras Market is the flea market which will be there on both days. Various people will be there selling used, but in good condition products like home-décor, books, designer bags etc., for the bargain hunters, this will be a haven of sorts.
What’s new at Madras Market III
Apart from the inclusion of several new exhibitors, there are a host of new things happening at Madras Market III.
* Blood donation drive in association with TIARA Haemophilia and Cancer Foundation at the venue on both the days. We aim at raising awareness among people about Hemophilia and its cure.
* “VIVA 2014”, an inter College music competition where the top Music Bands from colleges across the city fight it out on the stage. Ethiraj, WCC, Stella, Loyola, Crescent, MCC, SRM etc are few of the colleges participating
* Both the days of the event will feature Music Performances by some of the best talent from the independent Music Scene. The lineup this time includes “Live Banned” and Anthony Dassanin Party, both prominent names in Indie Music.
* An entire area dedicated as fun zone where there will be activities galore for both kids and adults.
* New eateries – Arabic food by Al-Arabi, authentic Kerala cuisine like stuffed veg and non-veg puttu, kappa, egg roast, fish curry etc and Dosa 360 with a variety of dosas are few of the new entrants at Madras Market
All this put together, for an entry price of just Rs. 50, Madras Market promises to be nothing short of a huge Carnival for people to come and chill out!
Venue: Wesley Grounds, Royapettah
Date and Time: Jan 25 & 26, 11AM - 10 PM