Apollo Hospital, Chennai introduces the first digital PET/CT - Biograph Vision 600T
Photo Caption: (Left to Right): Dr. Prathap C Reddy, Executive Chairman, Apollo Hospitals Group, Ms.Suneeta Reddy, Managing Director, Apollo Hospitals Group, seen at the PET CT launch along with Dr.Rakesh Jalali, Medical Director and Head - Radiation Oncology andDr.Sumati, Head Nuclear Medicine, Apollo Proton Cancer Centre.
* Apollo Hospital, Chennai introduces the first digital PET/CT - Biograph Vision 600™, which brings new level of precision to PET/CT imaging
* The first of its kind digital PET/CT, verifying proton beam therapy and efficacy of treatment for various cancers at early stage
* Safeguarding patients from negative side effects, reducing ineffective therapies and saving costs made possible with early response effectively detected through Biograph Vision 600™
Chennai: Apollo Hospitals, Asia’s largest and most trusted multi-specialty chain of hospitals today brings South Asia’s First Digital PET CT Scanning machine to Chennai. The state-of-the-art scanning machine is a radioactive diagnostic agent used in positron emission tomography (PET) imaging. Dr. Prathap C Reddy, Executive Chairman, Apollo Hospitals Group inaugurated the advanced imaging machine in the presence of Ms. Suneeta Reddy, Managing Director, Apollo Hospitals Group and Mr. Vivek Kanade, Executive Director, Siemens Healthineers India.
With nearly a million new cancer cases diagnosed per annum in India, staging disease more accurately and defining treatment strategies better is the need of the hour. With the introduction of Biograph Vision 600™ in India, addressing cancer progression with personalized medicine will help deliver the right treatment to the right patient and at the right time.
Dr. Prathap C Reddy, Executive Chairman, Apollo Hospitals Group said, “Our patient centric ethos has always motivated us to invest in the best available for our patients and Apollo has been at the forefront of introducing cutting edge technologies in India and the region. Apollo Proton Cancer Centre in Chennai has ushered new hope for over 3.5 billion people, who earlier would have had to travel to the western world to access Proton Therapy, the world’s most advanced radiation therapy. Increasingly Proton Therapy is becoming the standard of care for several cancers and its unique edge of minimal side effects is transforming quality of cancer survivorship.”
Speaking about the benefits, Ms. Suneeta Reddy, Managing Director, Apollo Hospitals Group added, “The DNA of Apollo Hospitals is clinical excellence and achieving clinical outcomes on par with the world’s best centers. Each of our investments including the Siemens Biograph Vision 600 ™ at our new Apollo Proton Cancer Centre underscores this spirit and commitment to provide an international standard of care for our patients.”
PET/CT is indispensable as a diagnostic and prognostic tool in the assessment of patient response to cancer therapy and cancer recurrence. The Biograph Vision 600™ from Siemens Healthineers enables a better understanding of disease progression and treatment resistance, to define treatments that can be precisely tailored for patients.
Biograph Vision 600™ is designed for improved accuracy, performance, and reproducibility to deliver a whole new world of precision in PET/CT imaging. With the market’s fastest time-of-flight and highest effective sensitivity, Biograph Vision™ helps reduce scan time and injected dose, reducing patient exposure to radiation.
The benefits of the Digital PET-CT Scannerin Oncology Care
- Reduces radiation dose to patient
- Can help detect cancer early
- Faster scan time and is comfortable for patients
- More sensitive for small tumors in Oncology
- Best Clinical outcomes
- Improved Accuracy in imaging and clarity
- Improves patient Care in Oncology
- Well suited to find recurrent disease
- Increased sensitivity of the digital detector improves image quality,
- While short scan times make the patient more comfortable and less prone to move. This reduces the likelihood of motion artifacts that can degrade images
- 4D Gating for RT planning
The Biograph Vision Model Digital PET CT : exclusive features
- First Digital parametric PET imaging in the country / SEA
- Industry’s fastest Time-of-flight at 214 ps.
- Market’s highest sensitivity at 100 cps/kBq
- Wide bore PET/CT with 78 cm bore size.
- Industry best resolution that helps in detection of small lesion
- FlowMotion and Parametric PET imaging
The level of details provided by the Digital PET-CT Scanning machine allows doctors to more accurately stage the disease and provide patients with a treatment regimen that achieves better outcomes. There by smaller lesions missed in the conventional PET-CT would be identified.