Uttar Pradesh Government Budget 2017 Highlights
LUCKNOW: The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh presented its maiden budget of Rs 3,84,659.71 crore -- a hike of 10.90 per cent over the previous fiscal -- in the state assembly on Tuesday.
*Rs 551 crore for Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan and 254 crore for mid-day meal scheme.
*Lucknow Metro, Poorvanchal Expressway and job creation are focus areas of the government, says Rajesh Agarwal, finance minister UP.
* In major cities along the Ganga - Kanpur, Allahabad and Varanasi - water quality assessment will be done.
* Rs 3255 crore allocated for construction of toilets in the state.
* Rs 1000 crore announced for Swachh Bharat mission in Uttar Pradesh cities.
* Role of farmers will be increased to enhance forest cover in the state, says the finance minister.
* Rs 394 crore provision for madrassas in the state.
* 712 more '108 ambulances' to be introduced in state.
* Rs 142 crore budget for scholarship upto class tenth and Rs 50 crore for WiFi in degree colleges and universities.
* Rs 800 crore for Prasad Yojna in Ayodhya-Mathura-Kashi regions.
* Rs 300 crore allocated to distribute socks, shoes and sweaters among school children.
* Rs 40 crore allocated for abandoned and stray animals under a scheme named Besahara Pashu Yojna.
* Ecotourism and adventure tourism to be developed in the state.
* Rs 25 crore for providing helicopter services at tourist places and Rs 10 crore for development of tourism in Vindhyachal region.
* Rs 50 crore provision for WiFi scheme in the state and Rs 2800 crore for safe drinking water in Bundelkhand and Purvanchal.
* Bachpan Divas to be celebrated on 5th of every month and Laadli Divas on 15th and Matratva Divas on 25th of every month.
* Rs 25 crore to develop water sports in Ramgarh Taal in Yogi Adityanath's Gorakhpur dictrict.
* Rs 200 crore for special schemes for Bundelkhand; Rs 300 crore for special schemes for Poorvanchal.
* Rs 71 crore to connect district headquarters with four lane roads.
* Rs 288 crore announced for four metros and Rs 3972 crore for the upkeep of state roads.
* Rs 10 crore Budget for Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Kisan Samriddhi Yojna.
* Rs 36 crore provision in Budget for loan waiver of farmers.
* UP finance minister announces launch of groundwater conservation mission in his Budget speech.
* New policy for solar power in the state launched.
* 1,29,38 quintal potato stored in private cold storages.
* UP government to roll out new schemes worth Rs 55748 crore.