Youngster electrocuted at CPI office in Chennai
Chennai: A youngster was electrocuted while working on the renovation of a building that belongs to the Communist Party of India (CPI), in T Nagar.
According to police sources, Gulab Mohammed (19) from Uttar Pradesh was doing the false ceiling work on the third floor of a seven-storey building in Dr Chevalier Sivaji Road yesterday. The work on the floor was being done by a Hyderabad-based company for a private English language training firm.
The police said around 11 pm, while doing the drilling work, Gulab Mohammed, received an electric shock and fell to the ground. He suffered head injuries. Five other workers who were nearby rushed him to Government Royapettah Hospital, but he died on way.