Bajaj Auto launches the Pulsar N160 in Tamil Nadu
Bajaj Auto launches the Pulsar N160 in Tamil Nadu
● The Pulsar N160 is built on the new Pulsar platform that has witnessed an unprecedented response ever since its introduction in October last year
● The all-new Pulsar N160 comes with segment-first dual-channel ABS, holistic upgrades, and features such as projector LED headlamps, sporty underbelly exhaust, gear indicator and mobile charging
● Dual Channel ABS variant is priced at ₹ 1,27,981 ex-showroom Tamil Nadu
Chennai, July 2022: Bajaj Auto, the world’s most valuable two-wheeler and three-wheeler company, has launched the all-new Pulsar N160 in Chennai. It is the latest addition to the Pulsar range, India’s most popular sports motorcycle. The Pulsar N160 is built on the new Pulsar platform that has witnessed an unprecedented response ever since its introduction with the launch of the Pulsar 250 in October last year. Equipped with segment-first Dual-Channel ABS, the Pulsar N160 is set to become a benchmark for performance and control in the entry sports motorcycle segment.
The new Pulsar N160 has been conceptualised to deliver power, precision, and control like never seen before in the segment. This differentiation philosophy allows the Pulsar N160 to easily straddle the asks of today’s young rider who seeks a motorcycle of sporty character that is also rideable in everyday street conditions.
The design language boasts of dynamic and energetic character lines, tighter proportions, and modern aerodynamism. The muscular tank is contrasted with a sleek, stylish waist section that extends to a contoured step seat, making for an eye-catching profile. It is equipped with a sportier underbelly exhaust that growls at higher RPMs.
The Pulsar N160 is powered by a 165cc BS6 engine, which gives superior power and immediate throttle response. It delivers 16 PS of power and 14.65 Nm of torque with 85% of peak torque available throughout the rev band for an unmatched pick-up and the signature Pulsar rush. The Pulsar N160 provides the best-in-class tractive effort and enables better passing acceleration in every gear.
The new Pulsar N160 is built on a tubular frame chassis that offers high torsional stiffness for superior handling. Further, the bike is equipped with a new precision-crafted underbelly exhaust system positioned close to its centre of gravity for improved balance. This, along with the mono-shock rear suspension, LED projector headlamps and 300 mm front disc brake and 230 mm rear disc brake make for a perfect street riding experience.
The segment-first Dual Channel ABS in the new Pulsar N160 inspires increased riding confidence by restricting wheel lockups during both front and rear braking. The stronger grip provided by wider cross-section tyres (Front 100/80-17, Rear 130/70-17) in the Pulsar N160 adds to the riding control of the motorcycle.
Pulsar N160 Dual Channel ABS is available in Brooklyn Black Colour at an attractive price of ₹ 1,27,981 (ex-showroom Tamil Nadu).
Sarang Kanade, President - Motorcycles, Bajaj Auto, said, “The Pulsar is known for pioneering India’s sports-motorcycling revolution, and we are happy about extending this to the 160cc segment. Chennai is one of our prime markets in India for the Pulsar, and we are excited about bringing the new Pulsar N160 to the city. We are hopeful that bikers will experience the perfect street riding experience with this all-new model, which is designed to deliver exactly that.”
▪ Dual-Channel ABS: Provides precision braking and uncompromising power of control that inspires confidence even at high speeds
▪ Bi-Functional LED Projector headlamp: Flanked by signature naked wolf LED DRLs – offering unmatched illumination and precise beam for improved safety
▪ Mono-shock Suspension: New mono-shock unit to offer pinpoint handling without compromising on comfort
▪ Infinity Display Console: Retaining the ‘Badge of Thrill’ – the Tachometer needle - as a nod to the golden age of performance motorcycling
▪ USB Mobile Charging: At a convenient position near the tank flap, for Pulsarmaniacs who are always on the go
▪ Gear Position Indicator: For confidence and accuracy in achieving the perfect gear shift
▪ Distance to Empty Readout: Integrated with infinity console for better fuel planning
▪ Assured Braking: 300 mm front and 230 mm rear bigger-disc brakes
▪ Stronger Grip: Larger tyre dimensions of 100/80 – 17 F & 130/70 – 17 R for improved grip on any terrain
About Bajaj Auto
With 18 million motorcycles sold in over 79 countries, the Bajaj brand is truly “The World’s Favourite Indian”. It is India’s No.1 motorcycle exporter with two out of three bikes sold internationally carrying a Bajaj badge. The company is also the world’s largest manufacturer of three-wheelers. Bajaj Auto is the first two-wheeler company in the world to have reached a market cap of INR one trillion and continues to be the world’s most valuable two-wheeler company. It has been delivering products which are best in class design, technology and are built on uncompromised quality, for the past 75 years. The company’s unwavering commitment towards the new product initiatives has made it future ready.
Pulsar N160 Dual Channel ABS
Single cylinder, SOHC, 2 valve, Oil cooled, FI
11.7 kW (16 PS) @ 8750 rpm
14.65 Nm @ 6750 rpm
Constant mesh 5 speed
300 mm, Disc
230 mm, Disc
Dual Channel ABS
Telescopic, 37 mm
Seat height – rider
Fuel tank capacity
Gear indicator, Clock, Fuel economy and Range indicator
Bi-functional LED projector headlamp with LED DRLs
LED Tail lamp with Glitter pattern