Over 22500 to run 8th Airtel Hyderabad Marathon
* 22,500+ registered participants across 4 run categories
* Over 20 lacs raised by 150 participants running for 50 charity organizations & NGOs
* August 25 – 5K Run with a Costume Dash. Top 5 winners in Costume Dash will receive encouraging prizes in individual & group category
* August 26 – 10K, Half Marathon (21.1K) & Full Marathon (42.2K)
* Airtel Hyderabad Marathon Course is now AIMS certified (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races)
* Total prize money is 12.5 Lakhs across 3 race categories for top 3 finishers in Male & Female Category
* Marathon Course will be closed for traffic in phases from 4:30am till 11am on race day , avoid taking the following route from People’s plaza to Gachibowli via Somajiguda, Panjagutta flyover, Banjara Hills Rd # 2 & 3 , KBR Park, Jubillee Hills Check Post, Rd#36, Madhapur, Cyber towers, Rajeha Junction, Bio Diversity Jn, Gachibowli flyover, IIT junction , Gowlidoddi, Tellapur Junction, University of Hyd, Lingampalli road till Gachibowli Stadium
* Unveiling of Corporate Trophy for largest corporate participant
Hyderabad, 21st August 2018: Hyderabad Runners Society and Bharti Airtel together with the Govt. of Telangana announced that the 8th edition of the annual Airtel Hyderabad Marathon 2018 will have over 22,500 registered participants. With 3500 participants coming outside of twin cities, the annual sporting extravaganza is gaining massive approval among serious and amateur runners across India and overseas.
Hyderabad Runners Society has always been supportive of top rate NGOs to raise awareness about social causes and funding in 2018 leveraging the annual marque event –Airtel Hyderabad Marathon. The select NGOs include
1. Isha Vidhya
2. Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Society
3. Manasa school for special children
4. Kidpower India
5. Gramya Resource Center for Women.
Nearly 150+ runners will be representing one charity or another; The citizens of Hyderabad are requested to visit our charities portal, ahm.letzchange.org and make generous contributions to a cause of their choice.
The Corporate Trophy for the largest corporate participant has been commissioned to encourage runners from large corporates and build awareness on promoting healthy lifestyles with running. It was unveiled by Mr. Avneet Singh Puri, CEO, Bharti Airtel Ltd Andhra Pradesh &Telangana & Mr. Abhijeet Madnurkar, Race Director, Airtel Hyderabad Marathon.
Speaking at the media briefing, Mr. Abhijeet Madnurkar, Race Director said: “In this 8thedition of the Airtel Hyderabad Marathon, our focus first and foremost is on enhanced race amenities and ensure runners’ safety. As we constantly strive to integrate the annual sporting event into the average Hyderabadi citizen’s life, we hope to see an increased participation from local schools and communities as volunteers and cheering along the race route. We thank the Govt. of Telangana, our sponsors and partners for their constant patronage and support for the largest annual sporting event in Hyderabad.”
Speaking at event, Mr. Avneet Singh Puri, Chief Executive Officer, Bharti Airtel Andhra Pradesh &Telangana said, &ldqu