Lakm? Salon's Holi note
The festival of colours is here which means a day in the sun, with family, friends and guaranteed fun. So, don't let it end on a sour note with skin and hair woes. Heena Dalvi, National Creative Director- Hair, Lakmé Salon along with Lakmé Salon’s skin and nails experts share a quick checklist of things to keep in mind for an easy, stress-free and joyful Holi.
Heena Dalvi, National Creative Director- Hair, Lakmé Salon:
* The most important step is toreligiously oil your hair using coconut or olive oil to protect it from colors
* Always remember to braid your hair as it reduces the chances of colour seeping in your scalp. People with short hair can opt for bandanas as a cover up
* After playing Holi, it is one of the most taxing tasks to get rid of all the colour but don’t go overboard with the shampoo as it will dry out and further damage the hair. Shampoo and condition daily the next three days to gradually get rid of all the color
* A hair spa appointment is a must as it will help revive your hair back to normal. Choose from a Protein Rush Spa or Moroccan Oil Spa available at Lakmé Salon
* Men with beards should oil them with coconut oil after they are done bathing to get rid of the colours
Experts - Skin and Nails, Lakmé Salon:
* Moisturize your entire body with honey and shea butter
* Applying a sunscreen before playing Holi is a must as it is easy to get tanned while playing outdoors
* Keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots and lots of water before playing Holi. It keeps you hydrated and you will even feel energetic as well as refreshed. Dehydration causes your skin to dry and combined with harsh chemicals of the colour, one should take the risk.
* Opt for organic colours. Nowadays, colours comprise of harmful content like grease, glass powder and alkalis which can damage your skin. This may also result in serious skin conditions like redness and flaking of skin. Hence, opt for eco-friendly, herbal colors for no side-effects
* Apply a dark colored nail paint to avoid any nail stains. Keep your nails small and file them to avoid scratching yourself or others
* Holi care includes going for a relaxing facial which is suited for sensitive skin such as Sensi Calm facial at Lakmé Salon
* A post Holi manicure and pedicure session is also essential. Indulge in a chocolate manicure and pedicure or try the Candy Crush manicure and pedicure which is a Lakmé Salon bestseller