Fire broke out in Chennai Silks textile showroom

Fire broke out in Chennai Silks textile showroom
Fire broke out in Chennai Silks textile showroom

CHENNAI: A fire broke out in Chennai Silks textile showroom at T Nagar here on Wednesday morning.

According to the police, the fire was noticed around 5 a.m. and fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

At least 11 employees who were staying at the shop were rescued and no casualties were reported.

Thick smoke was emanating from several floors of the building.

The police have diverted the traffic around the area.

Firemen said the fire could have caused due to electric short circuit. However, the exact cause was yet to be ascertained.

Fire broke out in Chennai Silks textile showroom